Materials Used & Care
What metals are used to make Tiffany Chou jewelry?
- Most of our smaller pieces like earring studs or necklace charms have a lead-free white base metal, and the larger pieces like some of our bracelets have a base metal of bronze or brass.
- All items unless specified in the product description have a thin layer of nickel and are then plated with 14kt gold or Rhodium (a hypoallergenic precious metal).
- Most of the chain, clasps, ear wires and posts are sterling silver or gold filled.
How do I care for my jewelry?
- Store your jewelry in the original packaging or a soft pouch to avoid scratches.
- To clean, use only lukewarm water and a soft cloth. Do not use any chemical based cleaners.
- Remove jewelry before washing hands, swimming, and/or applying products (e.g., perfume, hairspray, soap or lotion), as this could harm the metal and reduce the life of the plating, as well as cause discoloration and loss of crystal brilliance (if item contains Swarovski crystals).
- Avoid contact with water.