Materials Used & Care
What metals are used to make Tiffany Chou jewelry?
- Most of our smaller pieces like earring studs or necklace charms have a lead-free white base metal, and the larger pieces like some of our bracelets have a base metal of bronze or brass.
- All items unless specified in the product description have a thin layer of nickel and are then plated with 14kt gold or Rhodium (a hypoallergenic precious metal).
- Most of the chain, clasps, ear wires and posts are sterling silver or gold filled.
How do I care for my jewelry?
- Store your jewelry in the original packaging or a soft pouch to avoid scratches.
- To clean, use only lukewarm water and a soft cloth. Do not use any chemical based cleaners.
- Sold brass pieces are polished but not coated, over time a patina will develop. The original color and shine can be easily restored with a quick swipe of a polishing cloth.
- Remove jewelry before washing hands, swimming, and/or applying products (e.g., perfume, hairspray, soap or lotion), as this could harm the metal and reduce the life of the plating, as well as cause discoloration and loss of crystal brilliance (if item contains Swarovski crystals).
- Avoid contact with water.
How do I care for my bikini?
- Bikinis are made of 80% Nylon and 20% Spandex.
- Hand wash and lay flat to dry. If necessary, use a mild detergent.